Monday, March 30, 2015

Soul Pancake Connection

This is a share from Facebook. A digital media company called Soul Pancake. They are a Facebook Blog page with the subtitle We Make Stuff That Matters. Flecks of inspiration and gratitude that are packaged up in a slick  and short message. Check out their feed:
Soul Pancake 

But this particular video observation somehow resonated with me. It looks at a handful of couples. All shapes and sizes. Some very new and others long term life partners. Their assignment is to sit opposite each other and take 4 minutes of silent eye contact. No words, just a chance to look into the window of the soul. I try to be always cognizant of communicating and connecting. And also realize that often, my word and tone might miss the mark of my intention. This was very personal, at times uncomfortable for the pairs and also deeply spiritual. Mindfulness is something I am occasionally aware of and know I need to make conscious efforts to find a place for it in my daily tasks. I feel like this short experiment could be a great chance to practice something so small and yet substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment