Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fashion Plate

I would hardly call myself a GQ type, although I am an advocate and subscribe to the magazine. I do enjoy dressing up with my own unique flair, but have never really been a fashion plate. It seems to come and go in phases. Days that I feel like putting on a nice pair of cufflinks even for work and coordinating a bright pair of socks to make a statement. Sometimes the right hat and certainly a rack of colorful button down shirts. But during these summer months it is whatever pair of shorts are on the pile and a pull over in the right palette to match. I'm sure as weather cools the inspiration will kick in again.

I can tell by looking at old photos that I was a dapper child. Then I made some bold choices to say the least in high school and college. After that, maybe an occasional trend or something that caught my eye. Maybe because I was often wearing a costume, I didn't feel the need for self expressions as much? But I do like a dress up for the Ivey's or even a date night.

Thus this Mode.com video short. Of course you can't but notice the hunk in his underwear at the onset. But it is a clever time lapse as he dons era after era. I guess I would say I am drawn to the 20's 30's and 40's. Or maybe all of them - even the bad 70's. Does this make me a fashion plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment