Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My Coloring Book

I think I have a pretty discerning eye. It plays out in the arrangement of my garden with its rainbow of tints. I know I am good with paint samples and finding just the right shade for room. My taste in clothes may be a but gawkish, but even then, it is a choice made.

In films, Art Direction always amazes me when it works in stunning and surprising combinations. I found this web link that breaks down specific scenes from iconic and sometimes overlooked works of cinema - and then shows the color pallet that makes up the visual. In essence, it takes the creative and breaks it down into the logical choices that were made. I found it fascinating and will let some of the images speak for themselves. 

The link to the full article in Digital Synopsis is also attached where it goes much more into depth about emotional responses to color, period trends separates Sci-fi from Romantic Comedies in terms of spectrum. You'll see some wild choices by Tim Burton, emotional touches by Spielberg and cerebral touches by Christopher Nolan

 Image result for cinema palettes frozen

 Image result for cinema palettes frozen
 Image result for cinema palettes frozen
 Related image
Digital Synopsis = Color Palettes

1 comment: