Friday, July 18, 2014

On The Town

Summer has made my blogging a low priority between drum corps, extra work load, garden chores and the occasional cocktail after work. Last weekend was an exploration in camping which should get a posting once I get photos uploaded. Meanwhile:

I saw this fabulous new video for the upcoming revival of On the Town. It is one of my all-time favorites; I love the Bernstein score, the sailors in the big city, fabulous dance numbers. It had always been a dream of mine to take on one of the roles, but alas I am past my prime for that. But for this new revival they have made a short film of the opening song and took it to the streets of New York, using some of the same set ups from the Gene Kelly film of the 1950s. The show has never found an audience since the original back in the 1940's - even with Bernadette Peters and Donna McKechnie in the 80's. So I am very hopeful that it will be running in the Fall when I make a trek East.


No comments:

Post a Comment