Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Last Days in the Garden

As Fall always does, late summer brings some sadness as the plants fade into dormancy and the color pales for yet another year. I have started digging a few of the transplants to set new roots in the remaining sun we have left. Threw a few mums to give a last burst of color into pots. And am still shopping for one last tree to fill the void where the mountain ash died. Still a tragic loss.

But I did find this breathtaking video montage of plants coming into bloom in hi-def. Just like snowflakes - each is it's own wonder. The way the Moonflower unfurls, the Iris unknots its fronds and even the Marigold bursts from its pod. The brilliant Wonder of Nature. I have almost every variety at some point in my garden and should make it a point to revisit a plant a week to get me through the long chill of the coming months.



No comments:

Post a Comment