Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Great Escape

I have been talking with this much over friends the last few weeks. Although I love my job, it is difficult for me during summers watching everyone else make their pilgrimages to all parts East & West while I don't have the luxury of a getway during the 3+ months of summer. I have friends checking out Route 66 via convertible,  family trips to the Badlands and the Dells, and European vacations in my Facebook feed. It's not that I don't have access to vacation. It is just that such a large part of our American and World cultures are about that exotic getaway or even the vintage road trip during these summer months. I yearn to be able to just get in the car and drive, destination intact but no itinerary to bind me down.

Maybe that is why this travel promotional ad by Graubunden really ignited something in me. I don't know all their details - if a travel service or train line - but watch this creative marketing campaign. I can tell that it takes place via the train station in Zurich and involves a free ticket for bold travelers. Otherwise I won't give away the genius ploy. All I say, is that I would be On That Train in a second.

1 comment: