Monday, May 22, 2017

Full Head of Hair

A year back, I commented on the trend of Man Buns - which still have not made a positive impact on me. Lately the annoyance has been the burly beards of the Lumberjack look. Myself, I'd be thrilled to retain my full head of hair.

I found a fabulous photo archive of Men's hair styles in the early 1970's that took me down memory lane. And they were BIG! It talked about how they were Romantic in the Gothic sense, going back to Edwardian England. Imposed on the flower power era, that became the essence of an epic Quentin Collins in Dark Shadows. Big sideburns, over the ears and mullet down the back. I saw a Tom Jones video clip this week and had to stop the frame to see if it was indeed a hair-do and not an actual wig. Women had bouffants, but the men were not far behind. Add facial hair and you look like the Woolly Man magnet games. Here is a gallery of some doozies. They say that style is cyclical.... Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment