Thursday, January 3, 2013

Eating Crow

I have no idea what is going on, but every day for the last three, I am greeted by this huge gaggle of crows that are just hovering in the trees on my block. The days have been very dark and dreary in that sort of mid January winter funk. But it has been even more alarming with the presence of these birds. Hundreds of them in the bare trees just cawing and flapping their wings. I believe a large gathering is called a "murder" of them - not totally reassuring. This morning Waylon came across a dead one down the street just laying there stiff in the white snow. Bizarre. I am hoping they are packing up and heading South real soon.

ps. - a day later, the sun is shining and the cardinals are calling from the top of the tree branches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment