Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration Day

I'm not usually one to wear my flag on my sleeve as far as Patriotism goes. I fly my flag on National holidays and honor it during opening ceremonies at the many events I judge over the year - even if I don't bother to mumble out the national anthem when sung. But I was especially proud to be following the ceremony today via a streamline while at work. There were many moments declared that we so often take for granted. Richard Blanco's poem looked at simple things like the onset of every day, but did so with an elegance that can be seen through the eyes of everyone one of us as Americans. National treasures like James Taylor, Kelly Clarkson & Beyonce sang our anthems with dignity and talent that we are blessed to nurture - please support the arts amongst youth. The President is bold in his charge and statements as we approach this new year with what I hope to be optimism.


I was following many likewise sentiments coming in over Facebook during the ceremony. But the last one I read made me chuckle: It was someone I know who misheard the press comments. They were saying that Obama's speech was a "bit shorter" this time around. But what his ears heard with a "bitch order" which made me reel. Long live the President.

No comments:

Post a Comment