Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the Cardinals are calling

Today is a lovely winter day spent at home in the comfort of my house. I took a voluntary day off from work because of all the extra hours I have been clocking. It is neither a beautiful sunny one or a dismal grey one. Nonetheless, there is a fresh blanket of white snow on the ground - enough to make it pretty without the hassle of a shovel or snow emergency. The house is quiet except for the purr of the furnace and music when I am choosing to play some. Dress is casual with a pair of flannel sweats.

But I was most intrigued with the sound of the morning cardinals at the top of the trees on my morning ritual with Waylon. I was commenting last night how chilling it was and that it is about the time of year when I start to pine for spring. With the barren trees, they are easy to spot with their loud calls from the tallest branches. It is a small sign that warmer days are soon to come. Also a reminder to fill the feeder by the front window so I can watch them frolic.

No comments:

Post a Comment