Monday, April 8, 2013

Broadway Bares - again

Another reason why I would never made it as a chorine on Broadway. Just as I was coming into my own as a performer - the NY scene changed and hoofers started transforming into beefcake. Which I was NEVER gonna be. I could maybe pull it off in a kitty costume or a toga for Joseph - but anything less than that is likely embarrassing for me.

At the same time with all the Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS efforts - Broadway Bares came into existence. How they have managed to stretch it out over all these years, gives it more shelf life than the Nunsense canon. But they do and now people come in hoards and buy not only tickets but posters, coffee table books and likely signed dance-belts. This years follows a cross country route of Americana stereotypes. Lumberjacks, Cowboys, Island Girls.... all pretty and hunky. How can one not look? Here is their new behind the scenes featurette for drooling. I actually have a friend from Priscilla doing it this year - but he was not hot enough to be a cover boy for this shoot.

Broadway Bares 23

No comments:

Post a Comment