Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mr Jackson if you Please

I have always been a huge fan of Cheyenne Jackson. For one - it does not seem fair that someone should have both his jaw line in addition to his physique. We have seen plenty of him in jean shorts and in the buff during his Broadway runs. The guy also has a killer voice that amazes at every turn. Think George Michael with a bit of Michael Buble panache. Now comes this haunting new video from his forth coming album.

He sounds great of course. But the story board and portrayal he brings to it are breathtaking. Maybe it is just me - but the way my pride stands as an obstacle to me. The inevitability of our own mortality. And what happens in those moments of reflection when we look back at it all. Deep stuff. But what amazes me even more on a second viewing - under it all is just Cheyenne at a piano with a mic. True talent and beyond. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment