Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Think Spring!?

I am now entering that dangerous mode of the season where I moving past the snowbanks and contemplating the many spring bulbs I have planted. Call it delusional. I am aware that there are several weeks ahead and we have not even spoken of the Groundhog and his perpetual shadow. There is another snow emergency in effect tonight and plenty more grey to be seen before any of those bright colors emerge.

However, the holidays are past and the next landmark on the calendar is Valentines Day to add some color to the dreariness. Hopefully small spells of weather will enable a bit of outdoor enjoyment as our days are getting longer. There is a possible kite festival this weekend at Lake Harriet, snow shoes in the basement and ice skates to be dusted off. Can Spring really be that far away? Yes I fear, but no I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment