Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions '14

One of my favorite tasks of the year! And I realize most others dread them. But for me, it is a chance to challenge myself. Goals and intentions without fear of stress. Maybe it is just the competitive side of me and I am determined to meet each one. It is especially helpful to me now with blogging - that I put them into print. It begs me to be more accountable. We shall see. But here they are - no particular order.

Baking/ Cooking -  Once a week, I will employ a talent I enjoy and am good at, to explore new ideas of all things food. Crock pots, cookies and casseroles.

Twitter - I will use the opportunity to daily to take a stand on an issue or chime in on support of others. 240 characters can say a lot.

Basement - I will finally check off the last tangent of my household organization chores.

Scanning Pictures - Reclaim moments of my past and keep them both alive and vital as I bring them into the digital age and share them with others.

Happy Hour - Cheers! Once a month, I will venture out and try new places, be social and connect to old friends.

Game Nights - An excuse to bring guests into the house for friendly competition and camaraderie.

Letters - Continuing last years tradition of 1 handwritten letter per week to extended friends and family. Even with the increase in postage stamps.

Books - Giving a 2nd chance to finish a single book a month; which I failed at terribly last year.

Wellness - Find new ways to re-invent myself throughout the year; be it a new hair color, a yoga clas or spluring on a new pair of jeans.

Vacation - A trip does not mean judging out of town. I need some recharge time whether at a retreat up North or on a sandy beach somewhere. This is the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment