Monday, March 10, 2014

A Picture Paints a 1000 Words


Lucas Hembree and his service dog, Juno, share a moment.

The very first wedding photo Wu Conghan and his wife Wu Songshi were able to take after getting married 88 years prior.
Following up to me Vivian Maier post - Anyone who knows me, realizes that photos are always touchstone for me. I try to have my camera on hand, because you never know when one of those moments might happen. A cell pic or the tablet just don't give me the quality I like. So it is worth the extra hassle to charge up the battery and have the camera bag flung over a shoulder.







Photojournalism has also been something that really grabs my attention. Both as art and document to time. I am often amazed at how one perfect image can illicit a strong reaction even when miles away. Here is a BuzzFeed link that charts 35 said moments. Those of victory and loss, human disaster and animal connections. All profound.
35 Touching Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment