Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Snipe Hunting

Leaning again into the Science world. I find it hard to believe my original path was in Biology and I intended to be a High School teacher! Strange how life leads us. But I am still smart enough to understand some of those scientific conversations that speak to the opposite side of my brain and find they do appeal to my sense of curiosity.

satanic leaf tailed gecko

This one from the Mother Nature Network and it features a handful of 21 animals and creatures with unfortunate names. And even moreso - unusual chracteristics. A Spiny Lumpsucker! Exactly as it sounds. How about a Satanic Leaf-tailed Gecko. The same thing. Tasseled Wobbegong or an Ice Cream Cone Worm. Nature is truly a wonder to behold in all shapes and sizes. Take the time to check this list out and be amazed by a world we never even see.

spiny lumpsuckers on fingers

21 Ridiculous Named Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment