Saturday, August 25, 2012

Getting Old Sucks



Gearing up for another birthday next week. 51 this year does not seem as monumental as 50 last year. That mattered, this one doesn't seem to make any more difference. Another day. By luck I stumbled onto these two Facebook posts that grabbed me in different ways.

The 1st is from a photography collection by Tom Hussey entitled Reflections. It shows aging Seniors caught in the mirror looking back at their youth in promise. I find them juxtaposedly sad, haunting and inspiring. An inspired vision. I am including a few that struck me the most and then the link to the posted collection.













             Reflection by Tom Hussey






And then in all silliness, another video clip of Senior men at a retirement home spoofing the synchronized swimming event from the recent Olympics. It goes on a bit longer than needed - and maybe it misses something to being there live. But the effort is infectious from their mock seriousness, the rag tag uniforms and goggles and the attempt at staging. I would hope I retain that sense of humor in another25 years. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment