Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Flat Tire

I have been bitching much about driving in this insane web of ice rinks over the last few days. I don't think I ever remember travel being this difficult on a daily basis. Where I am at a loss is that it is not the result of any terrible storm of the century. This is Minnesota and it makes no sense. Someone at City Hall needs their head on the block for accountability. (and will likely hear it from me - my civic duty)

But the thing that has been ludicrous to me are the bikers that are insisting on defying the elements!!! God bless them for reducing the carbon footprint and give them 4 gold stars for effort. But people - it just does not work! Sidewalks are passable, but every street I have seen, excluding highways, are virtual skating rinks. Getting through an intersection at a red light is questionable in my Geo Tracker which has four wheel drive. And yet I see these countless bikers putting their life at risk bumbling along beside me. In half instances they give up and dismount the cycle and merely walk it along. The point is lost on me and I would be frustrated and bitterly cold beyond belief. If anyone out there can justify this please tell me why. Put it in storage until March maybe and let the Bike Messengers downtown pedal for now. This is why we have Public Transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment