Friday, December 28, 2012

The Year that was 2012

As I take the last few days of the current year to reflect on a growing slate of resolutions, I think it is always important to look to the past for insight and perspective. Personally, it has been a year of much introspection and challenge and I am still trying to emerge the stronger for it. I am hoping next year is about recovery and balance foremost. I think many are in a similar spot and would agree.

But one quest I have always had, is the search to know and comprehend more. I am a huge fan of technology and Google in particular. My tablet this year has opened up vast channels to read, search, play & listen exponentially. I have authored not one - but three separate blogs. It is my personal form of journaling. I have learned how to set up and manage websites. I read all my news on line and also use it to bake, shop, video conference and sing-along. Who would have ever guessed what a "cloud" is a few years back? Amazing stuff.

So it is fitting that I turn to Google and their Zeigeist montage to capture the defining global moments for 2012. Olympics, Elections, landings on Mars; they are all here and this is only the tip of the iceberg. But the amazing thing is that with the press of a button, we will always be able to find and remember them.


No comments:

Post a Comment