Monday, December 24, 2012

Last day of Christmas Shopping

I am not sure why, but many of my holiday postings have been campy. Three alone now are involving drag queens. What does this say about me and my view of this season? No idea, but maybe I am just needing to find some humor in my day to day life?

Today's comes from my morning read of Towleroad again. It is Miss Coco Peru and her last-minute quest to find some Panetoni for her neighbors. If you are not aware - it is a boxed Italian fruitcake that is heavy and lacking by itself, but actually makes a great French Toast when soaked in an egg/ rum baste. Her list includes Armenians, Indians and a gay man in what must be an eclectic Jersey neighborhood. She even has her naughty list of who she will NOT be buying for - the gay boys who never wave back at her. Her pilgrimage is comic as she hits a local store and walks out. Then a Walgreens which seems to have everything she does not need. And finally a great shout out to Trader Joe's which has exactly what she is looking for but overwhelms her and she leaves empty handed.

I gravitate to her frustrations this year as I came up quite empty on much of my shopping as well. I thought I had a great idea to assemble stockings for all. But finding the stockings themselves was not an easy task as I seemed to buy more and more of less and less to fill them up. A noble effort but still feel like I rate a D+ on my efforts. The ultimate smack was the mailing cost which likely amounted to more than the gifts themselves. Bah Humbug?


No comments:

Post a Comment