Saturday, April 26, 2014

Garden Update

Say what you will about our dreadful winter that has just past, but I am amazed at how my Garden has emerged unscathed. Over the last two weeks I have slowly been digging it out and seeing what remains. At this point only 2-3 plants have yet to show green - and they are usual late bloomers. For some bizarre reason, this is better than what I find on normal years.??

Granted we are about a month behind and the rebirth is a slow process. Perhaps that is what has been helpful; the slow warm-up rather than a quick thaw that is jarred by cold snaps to fresh shoots? I did put down a good coat of mulch and that must have been enough of a blanket.

At this point only a handful of crocus, tulips are gaining and daffodils are barely poking through. I bought a bonanza of bulbs (that is some turn of phrase) last Fall, so when it hits its prime in a few weeks it will be lovely. Yesterday was putting the firepit out and the filling the fountain. Today a few lights on the trellis and more heirloom seeds in ground. Looking pretty spiffy here on 34th!






No comments:

Post a Comment