Friday, April 18, 2014

My Minneapolis

I am often aware that I have landed where I am supposed to be. Much like Feng Shui, certain things just feel aesthetically right when they line up. I somehow knew when I visited in 6th grade for the summer that this was a place I belonged. So with that in mind, I am share 2 bits of tourism this morning.

The first is from City Pages Best Of issue. I generally don't grab it as it is so large it overwhelms me. But as I was thumbing through it last night in the People & Places section, I was tickled to find the Best Intersection in the Cities. It is just home to me, but some people think it is a bit more...

Best Corner Minneapolis 2014 - 34th and Lyndale

Unless you're really into churches and gas stations, there's a dearth of excitement on Lyndale south of 32nd Street. However, one intersection consistently proves to be a golden nugget of fun. At this corner, you'll find the fabulous Bull Run Coffee Bar, which brews with a mighty bean selection. Crema Cafe does the impossible, offering delicious Sonny's Ice Cream along with beer and wine. They also have an adorable patio filled with flowers and plenty of shade from the sun. For fashionistas, June Resale offers high-end finds, while Belle Weather boutique sells gifts, purses, and other fun items. Music lovers can shop for gear or take lessons at Twin Town Guitars, and OM offers yoga classes. Painter Park, also found at this intersection, boasts a playground, tennis and basketball courts, a baseball field, and plenty of grass for picnics. With so much on offer, you never need to go anywhere else.

And then in my morning reads, a great new promo for tourism in the greater MN area. For me it is like watching a home movie of all the places I frequent so often. how many do you know? #OnlyinMN

No comments:

Post a Comment