Friday, October 26, 2012

Anything Can Happen on Halloween

Before Elphaba in Wicked and Voldemort in Harry Potter, there was this atrocity of Tim Curry as the Grand Wizard in a made-for-TV disaster called The Worst Witch. And I can only imagine that she is!!! It is around the time of Rocky Horror in 1986 and probably trying to capitalize on his bad boy image as Frankenfurter. It also starred Diana Rigg & Charlotte Rae.

I know nothing about it other than this clip I unearthed on You Tube. But I have a feeling it's a likely highlight of this Hallow Horrrible. The lyrics are ridiculous at best. The special effects are cringe worthy by today's standards. I especially love his soaring cape and his bat bow tie. I would love to make an Oct. 31st appearance in full costume - but no one would know who I am. Best that he stays in his video grave of television mishaps and career detours.


No comments:

Post a Comment