Saturday, October 20, 2012

End of the Season

Tonight finds me in Kansas City and marks the end of another marching band season. I am so very lucky that this activity remains such a vital part of who I am and what I do. After all these years, I am thrilled that I still have something of significance to contribute by judging.

The last few years have really broadened both my skills as an adjudicator and my network of colleagues. No longer am I comfortable just in my home Region of MN. But this year has taken me out East to PA & MD. I had opportunities in KY and even GA although it was cancelled last minute. I have been fortunate to see Sioux City, Alonga IA, Sioux Falls and now KC. It is great to rack up some travel miles and see more of the country. But I am never more excited by it all than when I can hear the drums warming up in a parking lot, smell the diesel fumes of a bus or see a color guard tossing flags into the air in unison.

Have Bag, Will Travel......


No comments:

Post a Comment