Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Gobbledy Gook

... And finally, for those of you not sure what to give out to the neighborhood trick or treaters.

I always hated the houses that gave out tootsie rolls or dum-dum suckers. They were the baby candy. I was hungry for the full size candy bars and homemade popcorn balls. Those days are long gone. We used to scout out the best neighborhoods and made the car trip to fill up our bags there. And they were not always equivalent to the wealthiest houses either. Since I live on a cross street, the bulk of kids opt to go north and south and don't make the extra trip to catch the single house on the alley. So my ground rule is to buy candy that I am fine with eating myself after. This year it is Reese's PB Cups and Butterfingers. We will see if the nicer weather brings out a crowd.

But - here is a glimpse of high-end goodies. From a designer baker in England called Nevie Pie Cakes. Her wedding cakes look barely edible. These are Halloween cookies and cookie pops. The fungus toes look so real I'm not sure I would care to put one in my mouth. The painting on the bloody ears is cringe worthy. Bwahhhhh!

 Very Realistic Fungus Toe Cookies & Bloodied Ear Cookie Pops
 Very Realistic Fungus Toe Cookies & Bloodied Ear Cookie Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment