Monday, July 1, 2013

Part 2; Food Truck Festival



It was with much anticipation that I looked forward to coming home and regrouping for the Uptown Food Truck Festival after Pride. I had heard last year did not go well but organizers had taken extra steps for the 2nd year. I could tell crowds were on hand by the street traffic making its way over to my blocks.

Once there I was met with the biggest let down of the summer. Not that I think it is a bad concept, it just does not work. No way! Imagine having the entire State Fair in an area of a single block. Foods lines were inconceivably long stretching out to 100 in every direction. No exaggeration. That meant a wait of at least a half hour for any food. And the lines intersected several times from truck to truck so that navigating was impossible. I was there half way through and most signs were already full of erase marks and shortages. Look at the size of a truck and the crew inside - they are not equipped to do mass fast food for anything longer than a single hour lunch rush.
There was music playing. Bad R&B funk that seemed to appease the drunk masses. I was annoyed by the off key vocals that could have used some autotune. I lasted 15 minutes, gave up and went home to eat a hot Dog. Epic fail. Save your money and hit lunch downtown on any Thursday. Grade F

No comments:

Post a Comment