Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Some Holiday Love for Donny & Marie



Many of my close friends know that I have always had a thing for the Osmonds; particularly Donny over as many years. I have been an avid fan for decades and watched him emerge as teen superstar, into pop-soul singer, then a theater junkie in Joseph, and back to his television stints as host of his own show and $10,000 Pyramid. (I did not tune in to see his triumph on Dancing With the Stars) His 2 holiday discs are the first to come back into rotation this time of year. His voice is still tops and I admire his cynical humor that has dodged tireless bullets.

I saw this great article in the Washington Post that reflects back on the team of Donny & Marie as they continue their 6 year run in Las Vegas. It seems genuine and sincere with a learned perspective. I admire them for never selling out and defying odds of their squeaky clean image that still haunt them to this day. I'd gladly buy a ticket to their show and be widely entertained. Until then - check out his solo holiday disc which is great for some fireside festive cheer.

Donny & Marie in the Post

No comments:

Post a Comment