Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Monumental

This post is meant for those outstate, as those in the vicinty have heard more than plenty about the recent victory in our state legislature. The chains on Facebook, in the press and other blogs are more articulate than I will ever be. The quotes that will sustain and become legacy are already anchored in history. But I feel it important enough that I at least put my footprint on it. It is indeed monumental enough to say I was there and saw it come into being.

PhotoI take no credit for efforts, there are others that fought more valiantly than I. Jeffrey and I decided very late in the afternoon that it was worth the trip and hassle of finding a parking spot. But it was an impact to be in the crowd of thousands at the capitol rotunda as we waited for the verdict to be announced. Rather than the easy victory, it seemed to be unsure until the final moment of a very close debate. Amidst all the energy and hope, I would not say assuredness was a given. There was an endless sea of orange and blue, voices in song, smile and hugs abounding. The human spirit in action. Again - I was there and history was indeed in the making. Monumental!

There is no limit to love. It's not going to be all used up. It only expands. - Scott Dibble

No comments:

Post a Comment