Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More Inspiration

It has been a very hard week at work, with financials impending on the daily tasks at YPC. We are low on cash flow, registrations aren't coming in despite my endless efforts and difficult decisions being made. I have been reluctant to venture into work so that I can move forward and conquer the heap of responsibilities. I'd rather lay out in the sun and regress without care.
maya washington 
But then a glimmer of worth comes out of the whole process. Maya Washington is an alumni of the company who has succeeded in more ways than are countable. I had fond times working with her as a young Nancy Drew in an original adaptation decades back. But then our paths crossed when she came working as an essential with me at the Guthrie. It was a different joy to work with her as an adult. And now she has her own vision as a writer and film producer doing great things to change the world. Still humble, grateful and kind. This clip is from her brand new award winning film "White Space" about a deaf LA poet. Big stories to tell.

Insightnews.com White Space

No comments:

Post a Comment