Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Packing for Summer



In spite of our dismal weather and lack of spring, I am forging ahead into summer with the Memorial Day weekend. For me, that always means drum corps season. Tonight I had my annual DCA webinar for judges training. On line technology to connect us again for the marching season. A chance to talk shop with colleagues and realign.

While on line, I was able to toggle between screens and read the latest headlines from DCI at the same time. There will be several other related posts over the next few months :) One article that grabbed my attention was a packing list for members moving in for the final camp weekend. And what a different world it is now. I remember an old military knapsack and a sleeping bag back in the day. Clothes were constantly crammed in sweaty and all. And the sleeping bag somehow managed to suffice on hard floors of gymnasiums and ice arenas. The current air mattress would have been a privilege.

Looking at this new list, technology gadgets lead - solar chargers for batteries, heavy duty protectors for tablets, sleeping speaker headbands. Even standard items are now upgrades with sun screen applicators for your back, isometric pillows. waterproof laundry bags and Give-n-Go durable underwear. All fabulous concepts for anyone in the touring circuit. I just want to know where it all fits on the bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment