Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

I found this infectious bit of pop and thought it would make a great virtual Valentine that speaks to all. Let me start by saying that I find Matt Zarley adorable in a teddy bear sort of way. He is another one of those "I don't look like I sound" types. He doesn't fit the mold of American Idol pop icon, yet has the chops to own a place at their table.

The song is Somebody 4 Everybody and sets a tone for all of us on this lover's holiday - whether you have met your mate or not. His art direction places the song in a kitschy Dating Game scenario which is both nostalgia and saccharine. But what I also love is that he populates it with actor's who are not all pre-pubescent and perfect. They look like you and me in all our colors of the rainbow. It is charming to see the couples pair up and personalities come out that are a mix of stereotypes. XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment