Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Song for Arizona

I am very politically motivated. This goes back to my union heritage and the blue collar roots on both sides of my family. So while the Olympics took a back seat and I pondered the ramifications of their human rights impact, the recent situation in Arizona irks me more, because it is taking place in our own front yard.

What are they thinking and who are they representing? I saw the Anderson Cooper interview with an inane Al Melvin and immediately tweeted the possible governor my adamant dismay at the whole political body there. They seem to be standing on warped principle without any information or grasp of the facts. His babbling made an entire state appear archaic and bigoted. I truly hope that is not the case.

It is with joy that I stumbled onto this fabulous songwriter and his bold statement towards the situation. Eric Himan was traveling to Phoenix to perform when the bill was passed. He felt compelled to put his thoughts and emotions into word and song. In a short matter of minutes he penned the song in his hotel and made a quick demo track. Here is his "Not Going Anywhere Tonight."His talent is humbling as is his heart in the number. I get exactly where he is coming from and eagerly share it with you.

1 comment: