Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Angels We Have Heard On High

In honor of festive carols. Much to my own dismay as I sang out in the winter cold for 3 hours last Saturday for the lighting of the tree at Mendohta. Usually I enjoy the caroling quartet gigs, but this was a bit much for me in the frigid temps. This year I am much happier hibernating indoors with the new discs from both Mary J Blige & Kelly Clarkson. (Slight hint for festive additions to your library.)

But this holiday share is from the latest viral act, the Piano Guys and their rendition of Angles We Have Heard On High. Four guys doing their take on a single piano somewhere in between the spirit of Vince Guaraldi classic and Yanni New Age vogue. The video is pretty slick and high tech with gadgetry & cameras on a rolling train track around the piano. I don't for a minute buy that it is happening live, but totally isolated in a studio and then shown in HD for us to imagine it all unveiling in real time. But they seem to be having a great time at it, so why not share it with friends as well. Ho Ho Ho with plenty of cheer left to share over the next 3 weeks with you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment