Monday, December 16, 2013

Little Dog Drummer Boy

This is not the first, nor will it be the last posting of holiday music. It is a huge part of my holiday tradition. Old classics and eager new finds. So if you have things to share, please comment on the blog so that I can check them out. My list is an extensive 2000 songs, so it may be pretty hard to stump this caroler.

But here is an internet share from a group I have never heard of. Walk Off the Earth - who are apparently an alternative/ indie band from Canada. It is again the Little Drummer Boy - which is probably one of my least favorite songs with the repetitious Rum Pum Pum Pum! But what makes this video so unique is the shooting of it. They are obviously dog fans like myself and have added professional dogs to their band for the track. A golden retriever on keyboards, a husky on percussion and another adorable mutt on upright bass. The trainers use their hands much like a Muppet operator to play the instruments, while the dogs patiently don holiday sweaters and do little more than look cute. But that is an accomplishment itself. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment