Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Music


Along with baking and the annual tree, holiday music ranks right up there at the top. Each year the library adds another 100+ songs to the MP3 files. (Although this year is slim pickings for new releases so far.) A single shout-out to Kelly Clarkson who is getting a big red bow in my stocking so far.

So it was a great surprise to find a link on Cities 97 this morning in my reads. I have a love-hate relationship with this station. I love their live Studio C tracks and the artists they promote. I just wish they didn't cycle through them on a mere hourly schedule and would be more daring in bringing new pieces to the table.... IF You Are Searching and READ THIS COMMENT 97! But Brian Oake, who I hear almost daily on the drive in to work, now has a web page with a holiday track each day of unusual finds and alternatives to the holiday droll we are blitzed with from shopping malls to coffee shops. Day one was a new offering from Pentatonic who I adore with their track of Little Drummer Boy. And day two is a gem by the late John Denver. Bookmark the link and we can both see what is in store over the next few weeks.

Brian Oake Holiday blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment